PCTI has an immediate opening for a qualified Electrical Engineer, you will be joining a team of dedicated individuals committed to our mission of providing quality solutions and services to each of our customers. The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing and designing electrical schematics, drawings, in computer-aided drafting
- Assist with plan development throughout the life of a project (Schematic Design, Design Development, and Construction Documents)
- Performs complex drafting, designing assignments with little to no supervision and reviews drawings for accuracy
- Generate drawings for use in manufacturing
- Follow internal design standards and electrical codes to design electrical layout
- Collaborate with lead engineering and manufacturing staff to interpret designs, answer questions, and make changes as needed
- Communicate effectively with outside vendors on material and service requirements for each project
- Perform Electrical Drafter functions
- Assist with research and development
- Perform additional duties as requested
- 2-3 years of power electronics experience in the development of bidirectional DC/DC converters, single and 3-phase medium to high power inverter – multi-level inverters for grid connected application
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (focus on Power Electronics is a plus)
- Solid background and hands-on experience in the design and implementation of electrical drafting
- Understanding and experience of communication protocols used in EV chargers is a plus
- Good understanding of magnetics design – FEA simulation is a plus
- 2-3 years of Industrial product development experience
- Renewable Energy experience, including North American standards, a plus
- Experience with CAD applications (i.e., AutoCAD Electrical, Proge CAD)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, technical and non- technical
- Ability to work independently, take ownership and responsibility for the quality of their own work
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines
This position is full time position, 8-4:30pm. Must have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and be flexible in the workplace. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work well under pressure and work well with others. Must be able to prioritize tasks as they arise during the day. Must be organized, have problem solving skills and have the ability to understand directions with minimal explanation.
The descriptions contained in this ad are not all-inclusive. Additional tasking may be assigned based on company needs at the time.
PCTI has been a leading edge manufacturer in the high power market for power electronics including DC power supplies, battery chargers and frequency converters for global military and commercial customers since 1991. Full time benefits are available including 401K, medical, vacation and holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Immediate opening for a purchasing agent. Position is responsible for purchasing, evaluating and negotiating materials from vendors. Candidate will work with engineers to source components, obtain pricing from a variety of sources and complete bills of material (BOMs). Candidate must be good with numbers, be able to multitask, be detail oriented, be a quick learner and be focused on negotiating cost reductions. Candidate must be proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook). Must be able to work well under pressure, prioritize tasks as they arise during the day, be able to understand directions with minimal explanation. Experience with Power Electronics a plus. If you like getting a good deal on purchases, are a very organized, detail-oriented person, a self-starter and able to take direction, we’d like to discuss this position with you.
Candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check.
Full time hours are 8-4:30. Benefits include medical, dental, vacation, holidays and 401K. Please respond with resume and a statement of why you and your experience are an appropriate match for this position.
To help us evaluate your critical thinking skills as a candidate, please briefly answer the following questions for consideration.
- How would you follow a critical purchase order for an item with a 16-week lead time?
- Find or tell us how you would find a new source for a certain component? 1.5” Black insulation tape, 200 ft
- What information would you request in a quote from a vendor for 20 pieces of a widget?
- What information do you provide in a purchase order?
- If given a 50-line BOM with all of the components being stock at various vendors except that some have lead times (contactor-3 weeks, breaker -4 weeks, transformer 8 weeks) how would you go about ordering assuming production started in Week 8.
PCTI is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. PCTI makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Please email resumes with job title firstname.lastname@example.org .